A drone company based out of Englewood, CO is seeking a UAS Crew Chief to lead a flight team to conduct unmanned aerial survey and inspection operations. This position will require a significant amount of travel throughout the United States. The UAS Crew Chief’s duties will include managing safe flight operations and data collection operations for each assigned project.
- Mission planning for safe and efficient data capture.
- Integrating, maintaining, inspecting, charging and packing equipment.
- Travel extensively to job sites and safely execute missions.
- Offloading data, completing documentation and logs.
- Processing and proper naming of data when applicable.
- Operate sensors on UAVs
- FAA Part 107 Certification
- Must be able to pass background check, pre-employment physical and drug test.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds regularly
- Valid Driver’s License
- 18 years of age or older
- Safe UAV operations experience: Fixed wing, VTOL, multirotor, single rotor.
- Ground station software: GS Pro, DJI GO, Litchi
- Other software experience: Bentley Microstation, Terrasolids, ContextCapture, Adobe Suite.
- Sensor experience: LiDAR, Photogrammetry
- Camera experience: Point and shoot to full frame to medium format, lenses and settings.
- Survey knowledge: GSD, GCPs, Survey Control, GPS and inertial systems, ellipsoids, geoids, projections.
- Additional Skills (Not required): Knowledge of LiDAR capture, knowledge of LiDAR processing. Photography / videography and editing can also be of value.
- High level of personal initiative and ability to interact with personnel, clients, and contractors.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and must be proficient on the computer.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage tasks for multiple projects under budget and time constraints.
Note: This job description does not represent a comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.