360 Rail Services, LLC is a locally owned and operated Railroad design, maintenance, and construction company. Headquartered in Englewood, CO, with jobsites in states East and West, we serve a variety of industries including, but not limited to, Energy, Agriculture, Aggregate, and Transit.
We are looking for individuals who are hardworking, independent, and self-driven to join us in the exciting field of building and maintaining America’s railroads. Experience in the rail industry is mandatory. We offer competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package that includes health and dental, which is 100% paid for the employee and 50% paid for the family and paid time off.
The Foreman reports to the Manager of Track Maintenance. The Foreman is responsible for managing and directing a crew of five workers to deliver a successful project by meeting or exceeding corporate and project goals for safety, quality, profitability and schedule, resulting in extreme customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Pre-plans work activities with Manager of Trace Maintenance to develop best means and methods, including safety action plans.
• Reviews all contracts, project documentation and plans to ensure that the work in the field is built to the most recent specifications.
• Plans the day to day operations on assigned project and ensures that proper resources are in place for the timely completion of work, including labor, tools, equipment and material.
• Takes responsibility for crew performance as it relates to company goals, safety audits, and following company policies and procedures. Initiates follow up action as necessary including training, orientation, discipline, etc.
• Conducts daily briefing with crew to review production goals, performance feedback, safety and schedule, hazards, and to solicit feedback from the workers.
• Maintains a dedication to safety at all times by modeling, providing education and enforcing safe work practices and company policies and procedures.
• Ensures that proper safety equipment is available and used by all field personnel.
• Communicates with customer and ensures a high level of customer satisfaction.
• Communicates with contractors or subcontractors to coordinate work, goals, etc. General/Other Responsibilities and Duties
• Trains and motivates workers.
• Performs a variety of administrative tasks such as production reports, timesheets, equipment logs, inspection reports, change orders and updating project files.
• Performs other related administrative or project based duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 4 years construction or maintenance crew experience in the rail construction industry. We will not contact you if you don’t have this experience.
• Knowledge of all aspects of track construction and maintenance.
• Ability to read and understand project specific documents including schedules, standard railway plans and specifications.
• Ability to keep records and to prepare work and time reports.
• Ability to understand and efficiently carry out instructions.
• Ability to supervise the work of others and clearly communicate instructions to crew.
• Thorough knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the work being performed.
• Strong client relation skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
Physical and Attendance Requirements
• This is a hands on job working outdoors at construction sites.
• Ability to pass background check, pre-employment physical and drug screen. Frequently stands, walks, climbs, balances, lifts, bends, and moves objects up to 90 pounds.
• Exposed to all weather conditions including very hot and very cold weather.
• Exposed to loud noise.
• May be exposed to live track/trains and high voltage.
Note: This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.