Railroad Track Laborer
360 Rail Services is looking for individuals who are hardworking, independent, and self-driven to join us in the exciting field of building and maintaining America’s railroads. Experience in the rail industry is preferred, but we are willing to train the right individuals. We offer competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package that includes health, dental, and paid time off.
Reporting to the Track Maintenance Foreman, the Track Laborer is responsible for successfully completing day-to-day tasks by meeting project schedule deadlines, goals for safety, and quality expectations resulting in 100% customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Embrace our safety culture by adhering to industry standards and complying with company policies and procedures.
• Repair and/or replace turnout components as needed, such as switch points, frogs, plates etc.
• Repair and/or replace track components as needed, such as rail, ties, plates, spikes, timber crossings, etc.
• Observes condition of tracks, track beds, and track right-of-way to detect, report and repair problems or defects.
• Responsibly operates company vehicles and/or equipment, and ensures all daily maintenance and inspections of the units are completed.
• Performs special duties, including administrative, as assigned by the Track Maintenance Foreman.
• Railroad industry experience, including track maintenance, preferred but not necessary.
• Track Inspection Guideline Certification is an asset.
• Ability to read and understand specific documents including schedules, standard railway plans and specifications.
• Ability to understand and efficiently carry out instructions.
• Knowledge of occupational hazards and the necessary safety precautions needed for the work being performed.
• Good communication skills.
• Knowledge of computers helpful.
Physical Requirements and Attendance
• Works outdoors at construction sites and is exposed to all weather conditions including extreme temperatures.
• Frequently stands, walks, climbs, balances, lifts, bends, and moves objects up to 75 pounds.
• Exposed to live track/trains, high voltage, and loud noise.
• Ability to work rotating shifts.
• Travel is required.
Note: This job description does not represent a comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
– EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION –
We are a design, maintenance and construction company specialize in a variety of railroad services throughout the United States. We are looking to grow. Come work with us.