360 Rail Services, LLC is a locally owned and operated Railroad design, maintenance, and construction company. Headquartered in Englewood, CO, with jobsites in states East and West, we serve a variety of industries including, but not limited to, Energy, Agriculture, Aggregate, and Transit.
We are is looking for individuals who are hardworking, independent, and self-driven to join us in the exciting field of building and maintaining America’s railroads. Experience in the industry is preferred. We offer competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package that includes
The Simulation Modeler Engineer will join a growing team who will work with both customers and our 360 Rail Services Engineering team. Successful candidates will possess advanced analytical technical expertise, strong collaborative and execution capabilities, excellent communication skills, a practical and flexible mindset, and high attention to detail and work quality.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with project stakeholders to identify business needs and gather requirements for modeling and optimizing business and organizational processes.
- Collaborate with project team members to write prioritized business requirements documentation, including scope definition and statement of work.
- Collaborate with project team members to gather, assess, organize and document business and organizational process components, data and variables for modeling & optimization.
- Build mathematical or simulation models of business/organizational processes.
- Execute scenario analysis to provide case teams and clients with guidance on process options and variability.
- Provide quick-response support to case teams on subject matter expertise via a central request portal
- Deliver highest-quality work product both within team and to case teams / customers.
- Perform internal team projects and duties as assigned or required, gather information, perform assessments and studies, document model results, identify emerging areas of opportunity, and execute day-to-day support activities.
- Occasional travel – dependent on project requirements.
- Bachelor of Science in a field that emphasizes simulation modeling, including operations research, engineering, applied mathematics or computer science
- Experience in core scientific modeling activities (one
or more of the following):
- Algorithmic development
- Probabilistic modeling and Monte-Carlo simulation
- Heuristic/Meta-Heuristic development
- Agent based, discrete event and system dynamics modeling
- Familiarity with a broad base of optimization and modeling
tools (one or more of the following):
- Simulation: Anylogic, ARENA & etc.
- Optimization: Gurobi, CPLEX, AIMMS & etc.
- Programming and/or scripting experience: e.g. SQL, Python, R, C#
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check, physical and drug screen.
- Previous experience working in a professional services firm
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering with EIT
- Advanced degree
- 1-2 years of work experience, preferable with a focus in optimization
- Construction knowledge and background
- Proficient with the use of Bentley products
- Bentley RailTrack
- PowerRail/OpenRail Designer
- Corridor modeling experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.