360 Rail Services, LLC is a locally owned and operated Railroad design, maintenance, and construction company. Headquartered in Englewood, CO, with jobsites in states East and West, we serve a variety of industries including, but not limited to, Energy, Agriculture, Aggregate, and Transit.
We are looking for individuals who are hardworking, independent, and self-driven to join us in the exciting field of building and maintaining America’s railroads. Experience in the industry is preferred. We offer competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package that includes health and dental, which is 100% paid for the employee and 50% paid for the family and paid time off.
Operates Tamper in a safe manner to perform maintenance and construction activities in the repair and rebuilding of
Responsibilities and Duties
• Operates tamping machines to compact earth fills, foundation forms, and finished road materials, according to grade specifications.
• Replaces materials such as rail, ties, switch components, crossing planks, and other track materials.
• Inspects and maintains trucks and attached apparatuses such as boom, hi-rail gear, tools, etc.
• Operates equipment in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with regulations, policies and procedures.
• Performs equipment safety and maintenance checks, making emergency adjustments as necessary.
• Takes actions to avoid potential hazards and obstructions, such as utility lines, other equipment, other workers, and falling objects.
• Studies instructions, plans, and diagrams to establish work requirements.
• Drives machines onto truck trailers, and drive trucks to transport machines and material to and from job sites. • Keeps records of material and equipment usage and problems encountered.
A minimum of 3 years experience operating heavy equipment in a construction environment.
• A valid Commercial Driver’s License and a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Driving Record.
• Experience using hand tools, power tools and hydraulic equipment.
• Knowledge of and ability to adhere to safety requirements and procedures.
• Ability to read and understand construction specifications.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Physical and Attendance Requirements
• This is a hands on job working outdoors at construction sites.
• Uses hands to handle and control materials, tools and vehicle controls.
• Sits for long periods of time in a closed vehicle.
• Uses repetitive motions.
• Uses close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
• Ability to pass background check, pre-employment physical and drug screen. Frequently stands, walks, climbs, balances, lifts, bends and moves or lifts heavy equipment and objects up to 90 pounds.
• Uses eye-hand-foot coordination.
• Exposed to moving mechanical parts.
• Exposed to harsh weather conditions including very hot and very cold weather.
• Exposed to loud noise.
Note: This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer.